In Floor Radiant Heat
Electric floor heating is used as an effective and energy efficient way to provide heat for many of the most used rooms in a home while keeping energy costs low. Electric floor heating systems are commonly installed in bathrooms, kitchens, and bedrooms but can also be used to provide extra warmth for rooms like the basement that are hard to heat with traditional air heating systems.
Is Electric Floor Heating Energy Efficient?
The answer is yes, electric radiant floor heating is a very efficient way to provide heat. Electric floor heating systems use electrical resistance to generate heat that is then radiated to the solid objects in a room. This means much less wasted energy than in other forms of heating like forced air, because the solid objects heated by floor heating systems will retain their energy longer than hot air will. Also, due to the nature of electric floor heating, most users report being comfortable at a lower air temperature setting than if they used a forced air system exclusively, which can translate into significant energy savings.
However, while electric radiant floor heating is very cost effective, it still uses electricity. The operating cost for your floor heating system will depend on a few things like the size of your system, the temperature you’re trying to achieve, and the cost of electricity in your area.
Why Install Electric Floor Heating?
- Comfort: The number one reason to install electric floor heating under a new floor is absolutely the comfort, a heated floor is literally luxury you can feel but you probably already knew that.
- Safe: All of the electric floor heating products we install have been rigorously tested and are cULus or cCSAus listed.
- Affordable: Electric floor heating is inexpensive if you put it in while you’re already replacing or installing a floor. Unlike hydronic systems, electric floor heating systems don’t require expensive pumps or water heaters.
- Flexible: Electric radiant floor heating can be used as your primary heat source or as a way to add supplemental heat to rooms that are tricky to heat like the basement or a room above a garage.
- Clean: Electric radiant floor heating is a very clean heat since it doesn’t rely on forced air, which can circulate dust and other allergens.
- Forced Air Alternative: Floor heating systems aren’t loud like a central furnace, don’t dry out the air, and require no regular maintenance.
- Saves Energy: Electric radiant floor heating has higher levels of energy efficiency than central air systems because it heats the people and objects in the room directly via infrared heat. Floor heating systems are also inexpensive to operate, you can heat a typical bathroom for pennies a day.
- Easy-to-Use Thermostats:The secret to any great heating system is a great control and we’ve got an entire line of them for our electric floor heating systems.